Bt50 Accessories Improves Your Vehicle
The Mazda BT-50 is a great UTE, and with the fitting of specially designed accessories, it is modified into the perfect vehicle for adventure anywhere you want to drive it. The most common Bt50 accessories are an air intake snorkel, a cab roof rack and fender flares. Read below for a quick overview of each of these accessories, and then order them from us.
What You Need to Know About a Bt 50 Snorkel
The purpose of fitting a snorkel to a vehicle is to raise the air intake point as high as possible from road level, thereby alleviating the strain on the air filters. Before ordering a Mazda Bt 50 snorkel kit, consider the following:
- Fitting the snorkel to the vehicle requires the drilling of quite a few holes in the body panels and replacing the factory air intake on the engine with one designed for the snorkel.
- Replace the air filters according to the manufacturer’s schedule, but a snorkel may prevent more frequent replacements.
- A fitted snorkel must be adequately sealed and should regularly be checked for leaks, especially where the snorkel will make river wading possible.
Facts About Bt50 Roof Racks
A roof rack adds more loading space to the BT-50, which is especially convenient for long items like canoes. As you browse for the perfect roof rack for your BT-50, here are some highlights of our products:
- Nobody likes drilling holes in their vehicle, and areas like the roof can be problematic when it starts raining. Attach quality roof racks using adjustable brackets that simply clamp onto the side of the roof.
- The roof should be made from rust resistant material and be of sufficient strength for the intended load, but not too heavy to compromise the safety and structure of the roof. The average carrying weight of the roof is about 100kg, including the rack's weight.
- A roof rack increases drag, so it will also decrease your fuel to mileage ratio. For this reason an easily removable rack is advised so that it can be installed only when required for the trip.
Purpose of Mazda Bt Flares
Fender flares look nice on a 4x4 and can give it that aggressive look so in vogue these days, but they also serve a function:
The main purpose of fender flares on the BT-50 is to prevent pebbles and mud from being thrown by the wheels onto the vehicle, as this might cause damage or injury.
- Fitting flares become necessary when wide tyres are fitted to the vehicle, as these tyres will partially stick out from under the standard wheel hole.
Finally, observe that some fender flares are glued onto the bodywork, but others require the drilling of holes for several retaining screws. Check on this before ordering.
We stock various aftermarket trim and accessories for the Mazda BT-50 and other popular 4x4s, all of which can be ordered from our website and delivered anywhere in Australia. Contact us for advice on the best snorkels, roof racks and fender flares for your vehicle.