Things to Consider When Buying a Hunting Compound Bow
When shopping for a hunting compound bow, we have a few suggestions to consider when going through the process. It would be good to do some research around the costs and set up a budget for yourself. Remember to add items such as sights, stabilisers, wrists straps, and arrow rests. Some stores sell a set of additional items since buying items individually may take more time and study. Always consider the bow length, brace height and speed of the bow. Your bow has to feel good to hold and be comfortable. If you are a first-time buyer, you should consider buying a new bow instead of buying a used bow. Once you have bought your bow remember to use it and have fun.
Benefits of an Archery Compound Bow
A triangle bow has many benefits over a traditional longbow or recurve, while the advantages of compound bows far outweigh the shortcomings.
- You have a wide range of add-ons that can make your bow unique and improve your hunting.
- Compound bows have much more accuracy and power through the stabiliser and sights you can add on, allowing you to shoot further and faster.
- With the correct weight and draw length, a compound bow avoids fatigue and injury due to your body not having to overwork. It requires much less upper body strength than a traditional bow.
Common Mistakes People Make With a Compound Bow and Arrow
To avoid your new compound bow just lying in storage, we recommend avoiding the following common mistakes.
- When purchasing your bow, ensure your draw length is accurate. Any archery shop will be able to assist you with capturing the correct draw length. You will have to stand with your back against a wall and your arms out against the wall. The assistant will measure from your middle finger to middle finger and do the correct math to get the draw length.
- When holding your bow to shoot, make sure your grip remains consistent. In the beginning, you will change however is comfortable. Many professionals recommend resting the bow in the crease in your hand for the best balance. When you purchase your bow make sure the poundage isn’t set too high. The effort it will take to draw the bow when the poundage is too high will result in twisting and damaging the cams.
- When It comes to your new hobby, practise does make perfect, however, the most common mistake to avoid is dry firing your bow. Dry firing is when you draw your bow to fire without an arrow. Doing this can cause immense damage to your bow string and will result in you having to replace bow parts earlier than necessary.
We always recommend doing some research on your bow to ensure you avoid any other common mistakes that might occur.
About Oz Best Dealz
At Oz Best Dealz, we offer an extensive range of products - from camping, archery, pet products, garden goods, home appliances and sports goods. We make use of the best manufacturers to design and create the best products. We offer competitive prices along with incredible shipping rates.